Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Welcome

1

Welcome to our Year 6 Blog at Farsley Farfield.

It has been proved that children can improve their writing through blogging. Blogging gives all who participate in it an audience and a purpose for writing. Family and friends, as well as other visitors to our 6W blog will be able to read and participate in our learning by responding to our posts and pages. The blog will also contain fun, interesting and educational links for the children and visitors to the blog to use. We hope that the 6W blog will transport our classroom beyond the four walls of Farsley Farfield and put it into Cyber Space!

Children in Year 6 have already learned about E-safety through their CAL sessions. The members of 6W will be given their own user names and passwords, so that they can write their own posts and comment on other postings on the blog.

In my role as administrator, I will read the posts and monitor the blog alongside the children. No posts or comments will be published without an administrator checking it first. However I will not correct all the children’s spelling before publishing – it is important that the children are encouraged to edit and improve their own work, rather than rely on me to correct it for them.

We hope that you enjoy reading and contributing to our blog as we continue to move and grow on our learning journey in Y6.

Y6