Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Writing and Birds

Friday 14th June | Comments are off for this post
1

A very wet week at Farfield but that hasn’t stopped us being outside – oh no!

Please can all children be revising their Year 3 and 4 AND Year 5 and 6 spellings. We shall do our very final spelling assessments at the start of next week.

In writing this week, children have been challenged to use a range of sentence starters: sub-ordinating conjunctions, adverbs, similes, -ed and -ing words. Children combined these with a mixture of dialogue, narrative and action to create stories. Next week, children will complete final pieces of writing and do final editing of writing.

In PSHE, we had a very sensible conversation about why we get angry, what makes us angry and what we can do if we do become angry. In Science, we were led by a member of the RSPB. We went round the school grounds observing birds and looking for invertebrates. All the adult members of staff commented on the distinct lack of invertebrates. When I was younger, I remember fearing lifting up a brick or log because of the (what-seemed-like) billions of earwigs and centipedes and worms that would be waiting for me. It was notable when one child shouted with glee, “Mr Sharp! I’ve found an earwig!” As a class, we have wondered what more we could do to encourage our invertebrate populations to thrive further at Farsley Farfield. In Music, we started to learn some songs for the Leaver’s Show – exciting!

Have a restful weekend. I hope it’s dry after a very, very damp week!