Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Wednesday 25th March

Wednesday 25th March | Comments are off for this post
4

Hi 6S,

Well done to everyone who has been accessing Google Classroom and completing the work that has been set. I’m really impressed with your effort and the way that you have been successfully posting messages and handing in and editing work.

I hope that what has been set so far has been a manageable amount to do. If you feel there is too much work and you are struggling to fit it in, please don’t worry about completing everything. I know many of you are working on other activities and projects at home and I want you to have plenty of time to pursue your own interests as well as school work. On the other hand, if you feel there is not enough work and you are completing it too quickly, don’t forget to use Mathletics, Spelling Shed and Times Tables Rockstars for more activities. I will make sure to regularly post new assignments on Mathletics and Spelling Shed.

We also currently have a free trial to a spelling app called Sir Linkalot, which has hundreds of videos to help with the spelling of tricky words. When we tried this in class, our average score on a test of 20 words increased from 6 out of 20 to 16 out of 20. Harass was the class’ favourite word to spell from the list we practised. Will you all come back to school being able to spell diarrhoea, manoeuvre and onomatopoeia? As well as watching the videos, there are also multiple choice tests at the bottom of each spelling list. I’m not sure when our free trial will run out so use this one quickly! The username is Leeds Gov Trial and the password is AANGC5QWJJ. Click on the log symbol to log in.

http://app.sirlinkalot.org

If you enjoyed drawing sausage dogs, Rob Biddulph will be posting new videos every Tuesday and Thursday.

drawwithrob.png
http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob

I was very proud of my Gregosaurus!

Lastly, please bear with me if I am being a bit slow to respond to your comments or work at the moment. I am receiving a lot of email notifications and might occasionally miss a comment. Feel free to pester me if you have not had a reply! At the moment I am teaching our (very small) year 6 group at school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and looking after a demanding toddler at home on Wednesdays and Fridays so I am fitting in my comments around this. Hopefully I will get faster as I get used to the system. I’m always happy to receive an email or a comment, so keep sharing. If you email me any work, I will assume you are happy for me to post it up on Google Classroom or the blog for others to see – let me know if you would rather I didn’t share your work.

Thanks everyone for reading. Keep checking back here for more updates and do comment below with any links to useful websites or fun activities you have tried at home.

Thinking of you all,

Mrs Sykes