Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

This Week and Next

Friday 11th May | 3 comments
3

The children in 6S have worked fantastically hard this week – I have been very impressed!

In maths, the children have done work on circles (see an earlier blog post), charts and graphs, multiplication, area and volume. They have practised arithmetic skills in class and we will continue to do so in the early part of next week. Some links to previous SATs paper questions can be found on the blog if you would like to see the kind of questions which may be in next week’s SATs papers.

In literacy, children have been writing extracts from their wizarding school stories: they have taken readers on journeys via hot-air balloon rides, trains and underground flues to a wizarding school, using description and narrative to engage the reader fully. I have been impressed by the children’s diligence to write creatively as well as focus on set writing targets.

6S have also continued with the wider curriculum at school: children have been working with clay in art, using copy and paste effectively in coding to create colourful, geometric patterns as well as working hard on the farm. In science, children have begun experimenting with light – I look forward to seeing the results of these before the end of half-term.

I hope that the children feel like they have worked hard this week but that they are also feeling relaxed about next week.

There is no set homework this weekend: carry on looking at spellings, reading pages of the coloured revision books and practising pages in the white work books.

Remember: you / your children are awesome.

3 responses to “This Week and Next”

1. Jo says:

Wish I was in 6S!

2. Lucy Adamson says:

Sounds like a brilliant week! Well done everyone. I loved the letter that came home from the year 6 team. Good luck everyone next week 🙂

3. Nadine Armitage says:

Wow what a busy week you’ve had!! Well done 6S ✔✔