Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Residential Day 3

Friday 9th July | 6 comments
14

What a fabulous trip we have had. I always knew 6J were great fun but they have excelled themselves this week. I have been so impressed with their bravery, determination and all round attitude towards everything they have done. Every single one of them should be so proud of themselves for what they have achieved.

I must say last night was an absolute delight; lights were out by 9:30 and we didn’t see a single soul until 7am this morning. The best night sleep I’ve ever had on residential!

The children were eager and ready to go for their last activities.

Miss Jones’ group – Via Ferrata

It was really fun; I enjoyed it a lot. With a lot laughs, we made it to the end. Sonny.

The via Ferrata was a really exciting. My favourite part was when we glided across the gorge on a zip-line. Nathan

Mrs duPrez’s group – caving

Down in the caves, it was very uncomfortable. Although it was challenging, I managed to come out in one piece. No regrets! Peter

Whilst I was in the cave, our instructor Conner explained how all of the caves were formed; the passages were all different shapes ones being a keyhole passage. When the lights went off, I kept making weird faces- which scared Amba and Peter!

Mrs Hawkhead’s group – canoeing

The best part of canoeing for me was when we rowed to the beach and got to carve our names into the sand and rocks and look at the names of the other people that had been there before us – Florrie

One of my favourite parts of canoeing was as we reached the beach and when I sat on the edge of the boat. Gabriella

I’m sure the children will be very quiet tonight at home and will tell you all about their adventures. Well done everyone – we are very proud of you!

6 responses to “Residential Day 3”

1. Lindsay Wallwork says:

We are so happy that 6J made it to residential, what an amazing time they have had! Thank you to all staff involved for all your hard work to make it such a success!

2. Karen Chaudhari says:

What an amazing few days! We’ve loved seeing all of the great photos of Y6 having the BEST time. Nathan has loved every minute and will have memories to treasure forever. BIG thank you to all of the amazing staff for making this possible!

3. Sheila singh says:

Amazing photos and a great adventure for all. Ashwin enjoyed his time on the residential and loved every moment of it. Thank you to all the staff who made this possible. Ashwin will remember this great special experience and treasure it for life.

4. Debbie Lumby says:

What a fantastic opportunity this was for all the children. Such a lot of activities packed into their time. Madison loved the whole experience.
    Many thanks to all the staff involved. You are amazing!

5. Mel says:

What a fabulous adventure. The photos really have captured the experience. All the children have done so well. Sonny loved every minute. Thank you to all the great staff who have made this a reality for the children and given them great lasting memories!

6. Anna pritchard says:

Thank you so much to each and every member of staff that took time out to do residential with yr 6! The photo’s and videos are brilliant! Olivia had the best time and will take some amazing memories away with her!