Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Putting our survival skills to the test!

Friday 2nd October | No comments yet
7

Everyone in 6S was very excited to have their first playtime in the dens on Monday – it was a great opportunity to try out the survival skills we had been writing about! I was really impressed with the way the children worked together and with the fantastic shelters they built. Mr Harris has been having a great time too, teaching the children how to make bows and arrows. I’ll try to take some more photos next week, but here are a few from yesterday.

In the classroom, the children finished their survival instructions. They certainly know a lot about life in the wild – I feel very reassured to know I am in such safe hands! Here are some examples of the children’s work:

We have also been getting musical in 6S, using glockenspiels (with accompaniment from a guitar and a violin) and creating electronic beats (sadly I didn’t get the dance moves on camera!). We hope you enjoy!

Homework

• Maths: Negative Numbers – due Wednesday 7th October
  • Spelling: Adding suffixes to words ending in -fer – due Wednesday 7th October
  • Learning Log: Research about earthquakes – due Wednesday 14th October

We are the champions!

Our Extreme Learning score this week was 99%, making us the winners! Well done everyone and keep up the fantastic work!

Special mentions went to Aarav and Ethan 🙂

Wishing you all a lovely weekend,

Mrs Sykes