Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Merry Christmas!

Friday 18th December | Comments are off for this post
4

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone in 6S for being so wonderful throughout the Autumn Term. I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching you all and I am really excited by the progress I can see you making. I hope you all have a happy and restful Christmas.

I would also like to say a big thank you for the thoughtful gifts and cards I have received; they are very much appreciated.

In case you haven’t seen it yet, here is our fabulous Makaton Christmas performance!

Library Photo Challenge!

This week saw the reopening of our KS2 library with each class having the opportunity to visit and select a book of their choice to enjoy. We have invested in lots of new fiction and non-fiction books that cover a variety of topics and celebrate a range of authors. Thanks to the help of our fantastic librarians (including Erin and Aaminah from 6S), our library area has been updated with new displays and we hope that it will become a place that inspires our children to love reading. We would like to celebrate the relaunch of the library with a competition! Please capture a moment enjoying your new library book by taking a photograph and sending it into school. Are you somebody who snuggles up in a cosy corner with your book? Do you like to be at one with nature and read in a tree? We will be displaying all your photographs in the library and the most inspiring entry from each class will win a small prize. Happy reading! 

Who can make the brightest light?

As part of our science lesson on voltage, the children were challenged to change a circuit to make a bulb brighter. They enjoyed this task and were very successful! Children understood that the higher the voltage, the brighter the bulb, but they also came up with some great questions and made thoughtful observations as they worked – a class of excellent scientists!

There will be no homework over the holidays: just have a good time and have a rest!

Merry Christmas!

Mrs Sykes