Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Goodbye 6S!

Friday 17th July | Comments are off for this post
8

Our final week at Farfield has come to an end! Although it was not the end of the year that we imagined, the children have been able to take part in some celebratory events this week, including a farewell tour of the school with clapping, cheering and instruments from all the other classes; signing shirts and yearbooks; and a Year 6 leavers’ assembly, which was held outside with Mr Harris. This was a lovely opportunity to have the whole class together again and to celebrate some of the things that make each 6S child so special. I am so proud of the children for all their achievements – congratulations to you all! A special well done to Betsy and Jack, who were awarded Farfield Girl and Farfield Boy for consistently representing the values of our school learning hive throughout their primary school years.

As a little extra leaving ‘gift’, we have made a special video featuring the children in Year 6, their memories and what makes them a Farfield child. A link will be sent out via email so that you can watch this. Thank you to Miss Levett for putting it together!

I would like to wish everyone the best of luck with the next step in their journey. I have loved teaching you all this year and I know you will all go on to do amazing things. I would also like to thank all your parents and carers for doing such a fantastic job of supporting you while throughout primary school and especially while you have been at home this term. Finally, thank you for all the lovely cards and gifts I received this week; they are so thoughtful and much appreciated.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer. Come back to visit us next year!

Best wishes,

Mrs Sykes