Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Friday 24th April

Friday 24th April | 1 comment
5

We’ve had another week of great learning from children in 6S.

More excellent writing, pictures and models of the blood…

Some fantastic artwork inspired by superhero stories…

Including this video from H Kid…

And some very impressive 2.6 Challenges (a physical challenge that must involve the number 2.6, 26 or 260). I will be selecting a winner of this challenge before 3pm today and will make a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice. Look out on Google Classroom later for the announcement…

This took over 5 minutes in real life (who knew going down a slide could be so tiring?!) so I had to speed it up a bit!

Today two new tasks will be posted:

• Maths – Measure with a protractor
  • Topic – ICT – coding challenge

Children should also make sure they finish and hand in their diary writing assignment, as well as checking any other feedback and tasks that have not yet been completed.

Also don’t forget to use Mathletics, TT Rockstars and Spelling Shed to keep up those basic skills.

I will be holding a Google Meet video call at 11:15am today (Friday) – I hope that most children will be able to take part. To join the call, children will need to click on the Google Meet link at the top of the Year 6 English classroom. The code will not work until I have started the meeting.

To get the full benefits of Google Meet, children will need to be logged into Google Chrome as well as their Google Classroom. They will see their initial in the top right corner of the web browser as well as the top right corner of Google Classroom if they have done this successfully (as in my screen shot below).

They will also need to make sure sync is turned on, which may require signing into their account again.

It is a bit fiddly at first, but once it has been done it will improve the children’s participation experience. If they can’t do this, don’t worry, it will still work and they will be able to take part in the call. Anyone with a school Chromebook doesn’t need to worry as it will have the add-ons automatically. I will do my best to help anyone who is struggling!

Thank you for reading through all that information and for continuing to support your child with their home learning. Everyone is doing a wonderful job!

Enjoy the weekend,

Mrs Sykes

One response to “Friday 24th April”

1. Christine says:

thanks – joey is going to try to join the meet today!