Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

6T residential day 2: morning

Thursday 8th June | 3 comments
7

Wet, wet, wet this morning.  Thankfully we have some great kit.

The children were all asleep shortly after eleven (better than 6CH!). They did all awake at about 6am which was a bit early but not bad.

After a good breakfast, we started our first activity: canoeing, caving or via ferrata.

Via ferrata is traversing with two carabiners and a wire to follow. After a loop or two of a practice section, we had to cross a narrow bar bridge – a step too far for a couple. After that, we had to find our way from section to section, carefully clipping ourself on and off: always keeping at least one carabiner clipped on. Photos from Mr Harris’ group again as he is the only staff member awesome enough – to take photos and climb at the same time (bound to come a ‘cropper’ soon).

Mr Tiffany, who is much more sensible tee hee hee, got Tom the instructor to do some photography whilst we were canoeing. We had a relatively calm trip over and around the reservoir including some stone skimming championships – Cole and Daisy were particularly successful.

3 responses to “6T residential day 2: morning”

1. Joel M says:

This was defenatley my faveourate, it made me feel like I was climbing a mountain.

2. Darcy says:

Canoeing was the best activitie I did even though I was useless at it. I really like the photos we took as well. As well as canoeing, I enjoyed abseiling too.

3. Mr Cooke says:

Looks like you are having a brilliant time despite the weather.
    Great photo/video work Mr Harris.
    If you do ‘come a cropper’, please ensure you are doing a ‘selfie’ at that specific moment in time!