Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

6S residential Day 3

Wednesday 5th June | 7 comments
8

After a good night’s sleep, we had three quick activities in the morning in place of the planned canoeing due to wind speed.

Children spent 30-40 minutes on an orienteering activity and then spent a similar amount of time working together on a climb and a short bit of caving. The caving included a very tight crawl that was too much for some but lots of children managed it. Have a look at the video below to see why some children found it a step too far…

This was a terrific group who really tried hard and were impressively brave and courageous. They were good humoured and excellent company. They can all be proud of their many achievements. They were supportive of each other and any teasing (as seen in the caving video below) was gentle and affectionate.

We hope that the children bought all their belongings home: we had a few soggy girls’ socks that no-one claimed that got disposed of. We did bring back what looked like brand new, unworn H&M swimming shorts and gloves that none of the boys claimed to know anything about…  We hope you have found their bags of soggy, dirty clothes and that they weren’t too smelly!

A quick bit of climbing

A very small cave right next to our camp (poor Ryan: at least he was brave enough to do it!)

Many thanks to Mr Garlick, Mrs Barraclough and Mrs Elam for coming along and supporting the children so well.

7 responses to “6S residential Day 3”

1. Miss Barraclough says:

6S it was an absolute pleasure to spend time with you on your final residential at Farfield. You were all so supportive and encouraging with each other which was lovely to witness. I’m sure you’ve all enjoyed making lots of memories. Well done to you all on your achievements over your time at How Stean, I hope you are all proud of yourselves! Well done everyone.

2. Heather says:

Although I wasn’t there, because I was sick, the videos were very fun to watch. For the gorge walk, the man who jumped from the bridge, if I jumped from the high ledge he would jump from the bridge. At least I had a good time.

3. Mr Sharp says:

What a fantastic update! I know some children may have felt a little disappointed not to have done the canoeing but the climbing and the caving looks brilliant! How tight was that gap? I think I would’ve been a little jittery too!

Well done all of 6S! I am extremely proud of you all!

4. Michelle Webster says:

Brilliant ! Ollie has had a wonderful time and the picture of Mrs Elam appearing out of the hole in the ground is priceless ! Thanks for all the hard work of the staff on this trip – you all do an amazing job. x

5. Marion Cole says:

Thanks so much for such a fantastic couple of days. It sounds like the children have had a brilliant time.

I’ve really enjoyed reading the blog posts and watching the videos of what the children have been getting up to. It has been lovely to hear them encouraging each other.

The caving looks petrifying! I felt jittery just watching that! Glad to see everyone enjoying it though. You’re a brave bunch! Well done!

6. Mr G says:

I have had an absolute blast with you all. I feel privileged to have been part of one your last big Farfield events. It just highlights how ready you all are for new challenges and adventures (and there’s a few of those coming up!)

Well done 6S!

7. Nadine says:

A massive thank you to all involved in this amazing trip to How Stean Gorge. Macey has really enjoyed it and has made lots of memories to treasure.