Friday 16th July |
We have had a lot of fun in 6S this week! It has been a pleasure for me to be back in the classroom with such a wonderful group of children.
Everyone has been polite, helpful, hard-working and full of laughter.
Our activities have been incredibly varied:-
- Maths puzzles
- Reading all sorts of story extracts
- Listening to the story Crater Lake by Jennifer Killick
- a creepy science fiction book about a Year 6 residential that goes very wrong
- Creating comic strips based on Crater Lake
- A passionate debate about whether Titus Salt should be considered a hero or a villain – both sides were very strong!
- An amazing Science lesson with a teacher from Crawshaw Academy
- Making special friendship posters for each other
- Completing the My Healthy Schools survey
- Our final PPA session with Coding & Cooking
- A group of children represented our school in a football tournament
- Another group of children helped with the Foundation Stage Sports Day
- Sports Day practice
- Lots of dodgeball outside on our beautiful school grounds.
While outside, some children wanted to take photos in small groups. The children would like to download and save these for their own personal memories.
Don’t forget about the parent-organised 6S Family Picnic on Saturday 24th July, 1pm at Farsley Recreation Ground. Please let Kate Heap or Katy Smith know if you’re planning to come along. Please note, this even is not organised by school.
Wishing everyone a fantastic end of term! Mrs Heap