Experimenting with light
Wednesday 9th May |
Today we started a series of experiments which explore light and its properties. We completed three of them today and will finish the others over the next few weeks. The experiments are:
- Exploring shadows – find out how the position of an abject can change the size and shape of a shadow.
- Light travels in straight lines – an experiment to prove this.
- Making light bend – using water, can you make light bend?
- Bouncing light – exploring surfaces that make light bounce best.
- Making coloured lights – and how colour filters work.
- Mixing coloured lights – what happens when you mix different coloured lights?
- Make a rainbow – an experiment to split white light so you can see the different colours, as in a rainbow.
- Reading – can you find out three things that you didn’t know before? (The most popular so far is that dogs can’t see in colour!)