Pencil and Paper methods for addition and subtraction marvellous mistakes by Eeshal and Reece
Here are some key learning points about column addition and subtraction
- Put the bigger value number on the top
- Line up all the pace holders
- If you need to add place holder zeros to match up the number of digits do so
- The decimal point does not move
- When adding, put down your unit and carry your ten
- When subtracting, borrow from the left
Here are two marvellous mistakes by Eeshal and Reece.
Can you see what mistake they have made with these pencil and paper methods?