Year 6 SATs
Tuesday 25th April | 5 comments
The children have all been working incredibly hard and we’re pretty much ready for our SATs which will take place from Monday 8th May to Thursday 11th May.
Here is the plan for the week so you can talk about it at home:
- The children will all take their tests in their own classroom with familiar adults.
- 6CH will be supervised by Mr Cooke, Mrs Heap and Mrs Carney with Mrs Gilhooley and Mrs Sloan joining them for a few of the tests.
- 6T will be supervised by Mr Tiffany, Mrs Hoyle and Mrs Harding with Mrs Sloan joining them for one test.
- We are required to cover the displays in the classrooms during the test week.
- We will move the tables so there are two children at each table. We are planning to practise this ahead of time so everyone knows where they will be sitting and what it will be like.
- The children should bring a bottle of fresh water each day.
- The children should bring a snack of their favourite fruit each day.
- Afternoon lessons will be as normal
- Some children will be given additional time for their tests. We had to apply for this on the government SATs website. There are strict requirements including things such as reading speed and writing speed. The children who will receive this have been told and we hope they have told their parents.
- All children must try their best to be on time for school. Please plan to leave home a bit earlier, especially if you tend to get stuck in traffic.
- Children should attend school everyday if at all possible. If your child is genuinely ill, please ring us right away and we can make alternative arrangements.
- A good night’s sleep and healthy meals are key. Please start getting ready now. Try to wind down and move bedtime a bit earlier so the children are able to cope really well.
- If you have any questions, please come in to see us, telephone or send an email.
Monday 8th May – Reading
8:45 Come into school
9:30 Revision Time
10:00 Fruit & Playtime
10:15 Get Ready
10:30 – 11:30 Reading Test (60 minutes)
11:30 – 11:45 Additional Time (15 minutes)
Tuesday 9th May – Grammar & Spelling
8:45 Revision (Y6 are not going to assembly)
9:30 – 10:15 Grammar Test (45 minutes)
10:15 – 10:26 Additional Time (11 minutes)
10:30 Playtime & Fruit
10:50 Spelling Test
11:15 Maths Revision for Wednesday
Wednesday 10th May – Maths
9:45 – 10:15 Maths Paper 1 (30 minutes)
10:15 – 10:23 Additional Time (7.5 minutes)
10:30 Playtime & Fruit
10:55 – 11:35 Maths Paper 2 (40 minutes)
11:35 – 11:45 Additional Time (10 minutes)
Thursday 11th May – Maths
8:45 Get Ready
9:00 – 9:40 Maths Paper 3 (40 minutes)
9:40 – 9:50 Additional Time (10 minutes)
10:00 Singing Assembly
10:45 SATs FINISHED