Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

This week in maths – 23.6.17

Friday 23rd June | 7 comments
0

This week in maths, we’ve been refining some of our mathematical skills. We discussed mistakes that had been made on some problems and where we had gone wrong. This was a really valuable session and the children were effective at identifying and learning from mistakes.

Then, we began to learn about the Fibonacci sequence: how it works, how to calculate terms and it forming spirals. Next week, we will examine the spirals by making them in Minecraft. Finally, and quite by accident, we looked at the golden ratio in nature – did you know your foot is the same length as the distance from your wrist to elbow joint… there are many more, which can you find?

7 responses to “This week in maths – 23.6.17”

1. Sukey says:

I really enjoyed doing the Fibonacci spiral on minecraft because it was very different to what we usually do.

2. Phoebe says:

I enjoyed doing the Fibonacci sequence it was a very good and fun way to do maths.

3. Sally says:

I really enjoyed doing the Fibonacci sequence. I enjoyed making it on Minecraft it is a very smart way to make a spiral work. I think everyone’s spiral was epic. Thank you for that lesson I really liked it.

4. Melody says:

Did you know your index finger is the same as the length of you’re mouth? 😀

5. Melody says:

It awesome how it goes in a spiral shape! I enjoyed doing the Minecraft Fibonacci and liked guessing the sequence. Can we do more sequence work?

…0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21… : )

6. Megan H says:

I liked fibonacci, I think it’s cool that it goes in a spiral shape.

7. Khadijah says:

I enjoyed Fibonacci.