Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

In Their Footsteps Gallery – First World War Museum Trip

Thursday 1st December | 7 comments

This morning, 6T went to Leeds City Museum to look around the temporary gallery – In Their Footsteps – which is all about Leeds in the First World War. The children worked through some really challenging questions including those written by me to really stretch their understanding:

• Having viewed the gallery, what questions would you like to ask or areas to research further?
  • If you had been old enough to serve in the Leeds Pals, would you have signed up voluntarily or waited until you were forced? Why?
  • Having looked around the gallery, do you think it was a good idea that the pals regiments were formed? Why?

Another school were in the gallery at the same time as us and their staff commented on how polite, calm and focused the children were as they learned about the topic.

The children were awesome!

7 responses to “In Their Footsteps Gallery – First World War Museum Trip”

1. Ayaan and Nav says:

We were very fascinated in the exhibit “in our footsteps” because we learned allot about trench art and other objects from the war. Than you for taking us on this incredible trip. 🙂 😉

2. Hannah says:

I really enjoyed the museum trip and my favourite part was about the message on the biscuit. 🙂

3. Samr says:

I really enjoyed the trip

4. Sukey says:

I really enjoyed this trip because I liked looking at all the interesting facts.

5. Darcy says:

I really enjoyed this trip and learned a lot about the children in the war and that soldiers on christmas sent letters on biscuits home to there family.

6. Faye says:

Going to the Leeds City Museum was very exciting as I have not been there for a long time. I never knew that the Barnbow lasses worked in such poor conditions and wore very little clothing.

7. Daisy says:

I really enjoyed the trip because I learnt a lot about the lives of the people during WW1 and what they wore ate and played with. Thank you Mr T