Farsley Farfield Class 6S blog

Why not make our blog your homepage?

Peter Bunzl Author Visit

Wednesday 17th May | 3 comments
2

Following the Leeds Book Awards ceremony in the morning, shortlisted author, Peter Bunzl, came to visit Farsley Farfield on Tuesday afternoon. Our Year 5 & 6 children were joined by the Year 5 & 6 children from Farsley Springbank Primary School for this exciting event.

Click here to go to Peter Bunzl’s website.

Peter told us about his fantastic book, Cogheart, and his brand new book, Moonlocket, which has only just been published.

It was fascinating to hear how his interest in the Victorians, robotics and airships combined to create such fast-paced, gripping adventure stories. One of the main characters in his books is a robotic fox. With our own foxes at Farfield, Peter really captured our interest.

Peter Bunzl posted about his visit to Farfield on Twitter. Click here to go to his Twitter page. Look for our fox display and some photos of his visit.

Opportunities to meet and hear from published authors are so valuable for children as it encourages them to read and write and shows them what they can become in the future. A highlight of the day for me was watching one of our Year 6 children ask for her Extended Writing book to be autographed and then discuss her current story with Peter Bunzl – two authors sharing ideas and encouraging one another.

3 responses to “Peter Bunzl Author Visit”

1. Hana N says:

I really liked the book Moonlocket because it has so much adventure.

2. Adara says:

I enjoyed his speech and his ideas. I got one of his books and it is amazing.

3. Khadijah says:

I enjoyed Peter Bunzl coming.